Thursday, January 3, 2013

A More Productive Year

Okay, I know the photo has nothing to do with the title! Well, that's not entirely true - last year that was me, trying to accomplish something and going about it in a difficult way! I am happy to say that I have started this year off in a good way. I have made a few changes in my daily habits that are making life easier for me and things are not piling up. Any mail that I get is dealt with immediately. If there is a bill to be paid, it is paid and filed away the moment I open the envelope. I plan to declutter my entire house, and have found an app to help me. Yes, of course, there's an app for that! It works well with the Flylady system, which I have been using for a few years now. The app is called "HomeRoutine". So far I am finding it easy to customize, and am able to feel a huge sense of accomplishment every day. I suppose it has a lot to do with earning stars for every task accomplished, and I am a big kid at heart ;) No more wasting huge amounts of daylight in front of the computer, I set a timer for 15 minutes of email in the morning. Pinterest is reserved for evening, when the sun is down, and my energy is low. So far, so good!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Sue! I am using that calendar you posted last year...it was cool because I downloaded it to my iPhone calendar and everyday is a little task to declutter...so far so good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Sue! I usually spend my "coffee break" looking at Pinterest, email is always ongoing for me, thank god for smart phones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! fabulous little routine you are starting ... keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to check out the app, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear the year is starting off in a very positive way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's AWESOME Sue! Way to go! Doesn't it feel good to clean out, purge and keep life simple. I'm definitely going to check out this app as I want to try and keep on top of things this year as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!