Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful...



Here's our street today. On top of the snow, we now have rain drumming down, creating rivers and lakes on the streets. I had to go to an appointment today, and let me tell you, if you are in Vancouver, don't go out unless you absolutely have to. The streets have huge islands of ice in the middle of them, and the corners are snowy mush. The buses still can't stop at all the stops because of the street conditions. Imagine people who are relying on public transit, most bus stops have huge mountains of snow and ice at the stops - it's slick out there. I nearly landed on my keester more than once getting to the bus and getting off the bus.

On a more positive note, we are expecting the temperatures to stay above freezing, which means we'll soon be free of the white stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!