Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Watercolour, rain and water...

Drat and darn it all anyway! I came home from my Watercolour painting class to a puddle on the kitchen floor. "that's odd" I thought, I was sure I had let Daisy out before I left for my class!
I cleaned up the puddle, unpacked my gear and went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea to warm up from the cold rainy day outside. Well, the counter was all wet. So I looked up and you can see what I saw:(
So, up into the attic, bucket on hand, and I was able to push the bucket under the leak (whew!) and then a bucket on the counter to catch the water coming through the ceiling. Then a call to BCAA Insurance. I have my fingers crossed that we are covered for this, as the kitchen ceiling is damaged and the attic insulation is soaked... Water water everywhere, and the irony is that I had jus
t decided yesterday to have a new roof put on the house next year...!

2 comments:

  1. oh that does look painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the rain come down,
    Oh don't let the rain come down
    My roofs got a hole in it
    and I might drown

    Grab a bucket Liza, lets see what we can do :)

    Just so yo know and hopefully never need, we do have that bed in a bag thing and you and G are both welcome. Bring your cookie making skills. We wish you the best Sue, lots of xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!