Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Island Warrior, You've Done Us Proud!


I found out an hour ago that my dear former sister in law, my Island Warrior, Sue Gilbert has passed away. As hard as she fought, as positive as she remained, the cancer won.

Sue, I want you to know how much we all admired your strength and determination, how hard you fought, and how in the end, having more good days than bad became your priority. It is my hope that you had some amazing days.

To Sue's husband, family and friends, I know all of us will miss her wit, her charm, her brilliance and kindness. None of us will ever forget her lovely voice and her sunny laugh that got everyone going.

Another Angel on our shoulders, another star in the sky - taken from us much too soon.

Island Warrior, you've done us proud, and you will be deeply missed.